The Port Authority Police Department Pipes and Drums Band was formed in 1979 and is an integral part of the PAPD’s culture and pride. In addition to PAPD special events the band is in demand by many New York and New Jersey organizations. The band’s most important performances are the funerals for our brothers and sisters that have left us too soon.
Below are some events from the band’s history.
- Host Pipe Band of National Police Week in 2011.
- Played for Pope Benedict XVI’s 2008 Visit to Ground Zero Site.
- Welcomed Home Ceremony for the 2010 Super Bowl Champion New York Giants.
- Opening Ceremonies of the 2017 President’s Cup Golf Tournament.
- Welcome Home of Iran Hostages in 1981.
- 2013 Funeral of Medal of Honor Recipient Nicholas Oresko.
- Annual performance for Special Needs Children at JFK Airport every December.
- Annual performance for Medal of Honor Recipients at JFK prior to their flight to Washington, D.C. for Medal of Honor Day.
- Every February 26th & September 11th honoring those we lost at the World Trade Center.